The Public Relations and Communication Unit has the following powers and duties:
1. Issuing media releases and programmes aimed at introducing the role, activities and jurisdiction of the Council, in coordination with the relevant administrative units.
2. Managing newspaper and media items related to the Council and its activities, presenting them to those in charge and preparing replies to them.
3. Receiving requests and complaints from auditors, forwarding them to the relevant administrative units and answering their enquiries.
4. Making travel, hospitality and accommodation arrangements for the visitors of the Council and visiting and departing delegations, in coordination with the relevant administrative units.
5. Organising cultural, social and sports activities for Council staff and supervising the events that the Council holds or participates in.
Organising the conferences, forums and exhibitions held by the Council and preparing the required budget, in coordination with the relevant administrative units.