The Legal Affairs Unit has the following powers and duties:
1. Examining, studying and managing legal matters related to the activities of the Council, in coordination with the relevant administrative units.
2. Drafting legislative tools of the Council and expressing opinions on draft laws referred to it.
3. Expressing its legal opinion on matters referred to it.
4. Drafting contracts, agreements and memoranda of understanding related to the jurisdiction of the Council, in coordination with the relevant administrative units.
5. Investigating incidents and violations claimed against the staff of the Council, preparing the required notes on the results of investigation accompanied by legal opinion and recommendations, raising them to the competent authority and monitoring implementation of related decisions.
Monitoring disputes and lawsuits to which the Council is a party, in coordination with the competent bodies.