The Public Archive Department has the following powers and duties:
1. Receiving, encoding, registering incoming mail and filing a copy thereof.
2. Distributing incoming mail to concerned administrative units according to the applicable system.
3. Distributing outgoing mail to concerned parties, after encoding and registering it according to the applicable system.
4. Filing a copy of outgoing mail and sending copies thereof to concerned parties, according to the applicable procedures and systems.
5. Opening and keeping the required files to keep copies of incoming and outgoing mail, letters, transactions, telegraphs … etc., according to applicable systems.
6. Checking the numbers assigned to incoming and outgoing mail, letters and transactions to ensure that they match file numbers.