His Right Honour. Dr. Hassan bin Lahdan Alhassan Almohanadi
President of the Court of Cassation
President of the Supreme Judiciary Council
His Right Honour. Dr. Hassan bin Lahdan Alhassan Almohanadi has been appointed as a President of the Court of Cassation and President of the Supreme Judiciary Council on 5th November 2018.
HR.t. Hon. Dr. Almohanadi, is holding PhD. In Law from Hampton University – United Kingdom. Married and has four sons.
Landmark Career Achievements
- ⦁ 1989 joined the judicial profession as an assistant judge till 1992 when he elevated to a judge at Qatari courts.
- ⦁ 1998 elevated to be president of a full criminal circuit at the court of First Instant.
- ⦁ 2001 seconded to be director of the Legislation Directorate at the General Secretariat of the Government Cabinet.
- ⦁ 2002 appointed as a director to the Legal Affairs Directorate at the Head of State office (Diwan Emiri).
- ⦁ 2005 promoted to be Head of State Office (Diwan Emiri) Undersecretary for Legal Affairs.
- ⦁ 2013 appointed as a minister of Justice; where he further assigned in 2017 as acting State Minister for government cabinet affairs.
- ⦁ 2011 Dr. Almohanadi has supervised the establishment of the directorate of Legislation at the General Secretariat of the Government Cabinet, where he led the process of laying down a significant number of legislations.
- ⦁ Member with the National Committee for regulating the national legislations with the permanent constitution of the State of Qatar.
- ⦁ He supervised and developed specialized judicial and legal capacity building programs, dedicated for judges, prosecutors, judicial officers, lawyers, civil servant and legal expertise within the State of Qatar.
- ⦁ He is leading Qatar’s legal and judicial documentation digitalization transformational project in parallel with the framework of the state of Qatar pioneered e-government networking system.
- ⦁ Dr. Almohanadi seconded as visiting professor to Qatar’s University school of law.